Walk Together for LIFE!
Help the First Choice for Women ministry raise funds to serve women and families in need throughout our community. These funds will allow us to continue to save and change lives in Anderson and Madison County!
We are kicking it virtual style for this year’s Walk for Life! To respect the safety of our supporters & staff (as well as following state & CDC guidelines), you and your quarantine crew can participate in our event from your home, closest walking path, or even your treadmill! Here’s how it will work:
- Step #1: Register as a participant for our virtual event
- Step #2: Find friends & family to sponsor your “virtual” walk with pledge contribution dollars
- Step #3: On Friday, August 21st – Saturday, August 22nd, walk 1 mile for life on your own (or with your quarantine crew) anywhere you’d like between 8 am – 3 pm while observing social distancing practices.
- Step #4: To show your participation, snap a selfie or short cell phone video of you and/or your crew walking for life! Post your photo/video to Facebook with the #walk4life2020 and tag @firstchoiceforwomen!
Walkers can earn a FREE t-shirt by collecting $50 or more in donation sponsorships through their online walker web page. You can also purchase a t-shirt for $15! Donors can pay online through this digital interface OR participants can receive a printed donor packet by request through the mail or pick up at our Anderson or Muncie First Choice location.
We will miss seeing everyone in-person at our annual event, but can’t wait to see your faces virtually as you submit your event photos & videos!
Win an Award or Door Prize:
Win one of five prizes based on the following criteria:
- Individual with the most pledge contribution dollars
- Team captain with the most walkers
- Individual with the most creative photo or video submission!
- One randomly selected walker that submits a photo/video
- One randomly selected walker that collects pledge contributions over $100
Door prizes consist of a variety of gift certificates from our local community businesses!
Join us at 5 pm on Saturday, August 22nd on First Choice’s FACEBOOK LIVE for the awarding of the prizes and our virtual event “closing ceremonies!” You won’t want to miss this!
Making a Difference Together for LIFE!
You can make a difference in the lives of women and children in our community!
Your support is key to our success and will enable First Choice for Women to continue to provide our FREE services, including ultrasounds, pregnancy tests, pregnancy options peer counseling, post-abortive recovery program, a 24-hour care-line, parenting lessons, formula, baby food, diapers, cribs, car seats and so much more!
In addition, these contributions fund our Creating Positive Relationships (abstinence education) Program, which currently reaches over 3,100 middle and high school students in both public and private schools throughout East Central Indiana. This program is designed to proactively reduce unplanned pregnancies and the spread of STDs/STI’s while teaching young people how to create and maintain positive relationships.
Though the world around us has seemingly stopped, the fight for life has not! We appreciate each of you partnering with our ministry and could not thrive in this community without your faithful support.